Sunday, May 9, 2010

Google Wave

Over the next week I will be exploring the Google Wave API. This post starts with embedding a wave in a webpage which will be used to make gadgets and robots throughout the week. For those that may not have seen Google Wave, it allows many people to collaborate on the same piece of work. I currently use wave pretty heavily to plan trips with friends, document the adventures of the D&D game I'm in, and to vote for a place to eat lunch with the other developers at work.

I have high hopes for wave. It may even provide a means for webpages to communicate and save data without using php/asp/etc and a database(other than the php and database that drives google wave). Simply send what you want to communicate to others viewing the site or what you want to save to Google Wave. We'll see how it goes.

I'm having a little trouble getting the wave to appear for people logged in without google wave accounts.




This is the Wave Frame

No comments:

Post a Comment